Looking for a way to transfer Voice Memos from your iPhone to your PC or Mac? Well, iTunes to the rescue. You can sync your iPhone with your computer using iTunes and then copy the Voice Memos from the folder where iTunes store music files.
If you’re can’t or don’t want to use iTunes, then simply sharing the voice memo via Mail, Dropbox, OneDrive, or any file sharing service will do the job as well.
💻 Transfer Voice Memos from iPhone to PC or Mac
- Open iTunes on your Mac
Launch iTunes on your PC or Mac. If you don’t have it, download and install it from Apple website or the App Store (on Mac).
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac
Connect your iPhone with a Lightning USB cable to your Mac.
- Open iPhone menu in iTunes
Click on the iPhone icon in the navigation bar in iTunes to access the iPhone details page.
- Sync your iPhone using iTunes
Hit the Sync button on the bottom bar in iTunes and wait until sync is finished.
- Find your iTunes Media folder location
In iTunes, click Edit in the navigation bar, and select Preferences. Then on the iTunes preferences screen, click Advanced and copy the location of iTunes Media folder on your PC.
- Copy Voice Memos from the iTunes Media folder
Open File explorer on your computer, and go to the iTunes Media folder location that you copied in the step above. Then open the Voice Memos folder and copy your Voice Memo files from here.
📩 Share Voice Memos Online or via AirDrop
If you can’t or don’t wish to use iTunes, you can always use online file sharing services like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or Mail/Gmail, or even WhatsApp and other messaging apps to share Voice Memos. If you’re sharing to a Mac, iPad or another iPhone, you can use AirDrop as well.
- Open the Voice Memo app on your iPhone.
- Tap on a recording to expand options.
- Tap on the vertical three-dot menu from the expanded options.
- If you use Dropbox, select “Save to Dropbox”. If not, tap the Share to access iOS Share Sheet.
- Select the app using which you’d like to share the Voice Memo.
💡 Tip: If you’re sharing to an Apple device, use AirDrop to quickly transfer the voice memo.
We hope you were able to get voice memos from your iPhone following the instructions above. If not, do let us know it in the comments below.