Arc Browser by the Browsing Company may do a lot of things differently, but it is a browser at the end of the day. And every browser has cache & cookies, which you'll eventually need to know how to clear.
These files, while useful for loading websites faster and keeping you logged in, can accumulate and slow down your browser. Whenever things go wrong while browsing the internet, clearing the cache and cookies is also usually the first fix we all reach for. All in all, it's important to have this knowledge handy.
There are multiple ways to clear cache and cookies in the Arc Browser, which you can find below.
Clear All Browser Cache & Cookies
If you want to clear all your cache & cookies, follow these steps on your Mac.
- Go to the menu bar and click
Settings. You can also use the
- Then, switch to the 'General' tab from the settings window.
- Next, if you have more than one profile in Arc, go to the 'Default Profile' drop-down option, click on it, and select the correct profile for which you want to delete the cache & cookies. This step is important; otherwise, you'll end up deleting the cookies and cache for the wrong profile.
- Then, click the 'Clear Browsing Data' option in the 'Your data' section.
- This will open 'Privacy and security settings' for Arc in a separate tab. You can also press
arc://settings/privacyto bypass everything till now and directly arrive here. But be sure that you're opening it in the right profile if you choose to open it directly.
- Now, click on 'Clear browsing data'.
- From the 'Time range' drop-down, select the time period for which you want to delete the cache and cookies. You can delete them for the last hour, last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 4 weeks, or all time.
- Then, select the 'Cookies and other site data' and 'Cached images and files' options. Whether you want to clear Browsing history or not is up to you.
- Click the 'Clear data' button.
Clear Cache & Cookies for One Site
If you want to clear cache & cookies for only one site, there are multiple ways you could go about it.
- Go to the 'Site Control Icon' from the URL bar in the sidebar and click on it.
- Then, click the 'three-dot menu' icon in the bottom-right corner of the Site Control Center menu.
- From the options that appear, choose 'Clear cache for this site' or 'Clear cookies for this site', depending on your preference. If you want to clear both, follow the steps twice.
- You can also go to the menu bar, and click
Clear Cookies and Refresh/
Clear Cache and Refresh(the option keeps changing).
- Alternatively, you can also use the command bar. Press
Tand type 'Clear Cache and Refresh' and press 'Enter'.
- Or, press
Tand type 'Clear Cookies and Refresh' and press 'Enter'.
While cache and cookies are useful for enhancing usability, periodically clearing them is recommended to prevent unnecessary data from accumulating. I hope with the help of this guide, you can easily clear cache and cookies in the Arc browser.