Pop-up blocker was one of the most excellent features of Google Chrome when it launched ten years ago. The feature still saves you from a myriad of pop-ups that annoying websites open on your PC without your permission.
However, you might need pop-ups to show for some websites. Thankfully, there’s a setting in Chrome where you can whitelist the websites for which you’d like to get pop-ups, or you can disable the feature entirely if whitelisting sites isn’t a practical option for you.
- Go to Chrome Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Select Content Settings under Privacy and security section.
- Click on Popups.
- If you’d like to disable the Popup blocker entirely, Turn On the toggle switch and set it to Allowed.
- If you’d like to allow single or multiple websites to show popups. Click the Add button next to the Allow section.
- Now enter the Website address for which you’d like to disable popups in Chrome and hit the Add button.
- Repeat the step above for all websites you’d like to allow for popups in Chrome.