With the launch of iPhone XS and XS Max, Apple also introduced a new Theft and Loss protection plan with AppleCare+. If you subscribed for it and your iPhone has lost or stolen, you can file a claim to get yourself a replacement iPhone.
If you file a claim for Theft and Loss and it passes through, you’ll incur the following charges to get a replacement iPhone from Apple.
📑 Page Contents
AppleCare+ Theft and Loss deductibles
- $199 for iPhone 8, iPhone 7, and iPhone 6s.
- $229 for iPhone XR, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPhone 6s Plus.
- $269 for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone X.
File a claim for Theft and Loss
- Go to support.apple.com/iphone/theft-loss-claims.
- Click Sign in to start your claim.
- Sign in using the same Apple ID that you had on your iPhone, and the one you used to get the AppleCare+ Theft and Loss protection plan.
- Select your lost/stolen iPhone from the list of covered devices shown on screen, and follow the rest of the procedure.
If you see We couldnʼt find any covered devices screen after signing in, the chances are your AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss protection plan has expired or you’re using the wrong Apple ID.