Arc Browser from The Browsing Company has released a new browser for the iPhone that's drastically different from the Arc mobile companion app that graced the App Store previously.
With the moniker Arc Search, the browser is making headlines despite being in its early days. With its innovative approach that combines a web browser, AI-powered search engine, and chatbot functionality, Arc Search offers a unique internet browsing experience. You can check out more about the browser in our dedicated post below.
One of the main reasons the browser has become an instant hit with users who've tried it is its 'Browse with Me' feature. In fact, it's so good that you'll want to make Arc Search your default browser on your iPhone. Here's how you can do it.
- After installing Arc Search on your iPhone, open the app.
- Tap on 'Let's Go' in the app; it doesn't require a login at this time.
- Then, tap on the 'Set as Default Browser' option from the next screen. It's that simple.
- If you skipped this step while setting up Arc Search, it's fine. Open the 'Settings' app on your iPhone.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down until you find Arc Search in your list of apps. The apps are listed in alphabetical order after system apps, so Arc Search should be easy to locate. You can also use the search bar to find it.
- Tap on the 'Default Browser App' option to change your default browser setting.
- A list of browsers installed on your iPhone will appear with your current default browser selected.
- Select 'Arc Search' from this list to set it as your default browser.
That’s it! You've successfully set Arc Search as your default browser on your iPhone. Now, when you click on web links, Arc Search will automatically be your go-to browser. And you can always change it back if it doesn't work out.
Switching to Arc Search as your default browser on your iPhone is a breeze and takes just a few taps. With its unique approach to search, Arc Search offers a new way to experience the web. And it'll only get better with future updates!