Canva recently launched Magic Studio – a suite of AI-powered features that aim to make the design process even easier for everyone. Magic Studio comes equipped with a lot of tools under its umbrella, and Magic Switch is one of the features standing under it.
Magic Switch is a tool that allows users to effortlessly convert their designs into various formats, resize them for different platforms, and even translate text within the designs into different languages. With the power of AI, it can not only change the format of your design but also has the capability to transform it into something entirely new. Evolution of Magic Resize, Magic Switch can transform your designs into a gamut of things like a doc that contains a blog post, summary, email, and even a poem.
Using Magic Switch in Canva
Magic Switch is available for Canva Pro, Canva for Teams, Canva for Education, and Canva for Nonprofit users. You can transform your social media posts, presentations, etc., to Canva Docs with Magic Switch; it is not available for Docs though. To transform your design using Magic Switch, follow these steps:
- Go to canva.com and open the design that you want to transform.
- Then, go to the 'Magic Switch' option from the toolbar on the top.
- From the menu that opens, select whether you want to 'Translate' your design or 'Transform into Doc'.
- If you chose Transform into Doc, select the format you want to transform it into. You have six options to choose from at the moment: 'Summary', 'All text', 'Blog post', 'Email', Poem', and 'Song Lyrics'. For this guide, let's try out 'Blog Post'.
- Then, click the 'Transform into Doc' button.
- It'll take a few seconds for Magic Switch to work its magic. When the transformation is complete, you'll see 'Copied & transformed' on your screen. Click the 'Open Doc' button to view the doc.
- Canva will open it in a different tab. Since we used Magic Switch to transform the presentation into a blog post here, Canba's AI even rewrote the copy and added appropriate parts, like an introduction and a conclusion, to make it a compelling blog post.
- If you chose 'Translate' from the Magic Switch menu, first, select the language you'd like to translate into from the 'Translate to' drop-down menu. Canva offers a great range of languages that you can translate into.
- Then, select the pages of the design you would like to translate by clicking the drop-down menu under 'Apply to page'.
- If you want to translate the existing design without creating another copy, check the option for 'Translate existing design without creating a copy'. Then, click the 'Translate' button.
- Once the translation is complete, you'll get the 'Copied & Translated' (or Translated) message. Click on 'Open' to view the translated design.
- Depending on your configuration, the translated design will open in a new tab, or your current design will be translated.
Magic Switch is a great tool that can save you a lot of time by repurposing your designs for different formats and languages. With these mundane tasks out of the way, you can focus on the creative end of your workflow.