Every company in the world worth their salt is placing its bets on the transformative power of AI right now. And Microsoft's surely one of them. Starting from Bing Chat AI and transforming it to Microsoft Copilot, the tech giant has been slowly baking the AI everywhere into their ecosystem. And now, we're witnessing the nex step – Copilot Pro.
What is Copilot Pro?
The Copilot Pro subscription is for individuals which differs from the Copilot for Microsoft 365 subscription which Microsoft introduced earlier to bring Copilot to businesses.
It is a subscription for the AI companion Copilot that comes with additional benefits over the free tier.
With Copilot Pro, you get the following benefits:
- Accelerated performance for the AI.
- Faster AI image creation with DALL-E 3 with greater number of boosts (100 per day), better image quality, and landscape image format.
- Access to Copilot in Microsoft 365 apps like Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and OneNote (given that you're a Microsoft 365 subscriber). With Copilot Pro in your Microsoft 365 apps, you'll be able to write first drafts, compose emails, and even create presentations.
- Priority access. Now, what does priority access entail? Exactly what it sounds like.
Copilot Pro users will get access to GPT-4 and GPT-4 Turbo (OpenAI's most advanced model yet) even during peak times, whereas for free users, the access is limited to GPT-3.5 when there's unusually high traffic. Copilot Pro users will also get priority when it comes to receiving updates or getting access to the latest language models in the future.
- Users will also be able to build their own Copilot GPTs which they can tailor for specific needs with the Copilot GPT Builder that the company is soon introducing for Copilot Pro subscribers.
Whether you want to write, code, design, or research, Copilot Pro can help you as it has capabilities more advanced than the free version.
Access Copilot Pro:
You can access Copilot Pro in in Bing Chat or copilot.microsoft.com, the sidebar in Edge browser and Start menu in Windows.
It's also available in apps like Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, and OneNote, on Windows, macOS and iPadOS currently. It's not yet available on these apps in iOS and Android, but these platforms will be supported soon.
You can also access Copilot Pro on your mobile device or iPad in the web browser, though, just not the Copilot or Bing apps yet.
How Does the Copilot Pro subscription work?
The Copilot Pro is a standalone subscription that's not a part of your Microsoft 365 subscription. Users who are sharing their Microsoft 365 subscription through a Family plan also need to buy Copilot Pro individually.
That is, even if you've bought a Copilot Pro subscription using the same Microsoft account that you use for your Microsoft 365 Family subscription, only you will get to access Copilot Pro in the Microsoft 365 apps. The rest of the users with whom you share the family plan will need to buy their subscription for Copilot Pro separately.
Copilot Pro is currently only available in the following countries: Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, France, United Kingdom, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand and the United States. The company does plan to bring it more countries in the future.
Subscribe to Copilot Pro
The subscription to Copilot Pro costs $20/month per user which is billed every month until you cancel it from your Microsoft account.
- To subscribe to Copilot Pro, go to the Copilot Pro's listing on the Microsoft website by clicking here.
- Then, click on the 'Sign in' button if you aren't already signed in. Make sure you sign into the correct Microsoft account, especially if you want to use Copilot Pro in other Microsoft 365 apps.
- Next, click the 'Get Copilot Pro' button.
- You'll reach the checkout page. Before proceeding, again make sure that you're purchasing the subscription for the correct account. If it is incorrect, you can click the 'Edit' icon which will let you log out of this account and sign into another.
- Then, add a payment method and click 'Subscribe' to complete your subscription to Copilot Pro.
- Once your payment is complete, you'll be able to use Copilot Pro.
If you're a serious Copilot user, the Copilot Pro subscription can take this AI companion even further. You can use it to write, code, design, etc. and boost your productivity across Microsoft apps, whether you're on the computer or your mobile phone.