The WordPress app for iPhone and iPad devices has received a lot of new features with the new version 11.3 update. The app now partially supports the new Gutenberg editor in WordPress, and you can now even use the post revisions feature from the app itself.
The latest update also brings back support for embedding YouTube and Vimeo videos in posts through the WordPress mobile app. Check out the full changelog for the update below:
- We’ve added support for Post Revisions, which allow you to view a history of changes to a post. You can even roll back to a specific revision, if necessary!
- Build your site out on the go: add plugins to websites on the business plan right from the app. If your site’s brand new and doesn’t have a custom domain — which is a prerequisite for adding plugins — we’ll help you get one set up.
- We’ve made improvements to the editor for Gutenberg compatibility.
- We’ve brought back support for YouTube and Vimeo embeds!
- We’ve improved the accuracy of the character count when editing posts
- Now it’s a little easier to manage the users on your site (uses a filter bar instead of a dropdown)
- Fixes some bugs (a crash when the app is offline, improved reader stability, and a bug that could cause some data loss in the editor), and polished up the UI in a few places
You can download the updated WordPress app on your iPhone and iPad for free from the App Store.