Apple has finally released the iOS 11.4 update today which has been under testing for the past couple of months. The last beta release for iOS 11.4 was released two weeks ago and now the update is available for download for all iPhone models supporting iOS 11.
You can download iOS 11.4 OTA update by going to your device Settings » General » Software Update section. However, if you’re someone like us who rather prefers to update their iPhone with iOS 11.4 IPSW file via iTunes, below are iOS 11.4 download links for all supported iPhone and iPad models.
Download iOS 11.4 restore image (IPSW)
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch, 2nd generation)
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9‑inch)
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
How to install iOS 11.4 IPSW file using iTunes
- Download iOS 11.4 ipsw firmware file from the downloads section above.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC. We’re using a Windows PC for this post.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to the PC using the original USB cable that came with your device.
- If a Trust This Computer pop-up shows on your device’ screen, make sure to click on Trust.
- If you’re connecting your iPhone/iPad first time with iTunes, you’ll get a “Do you want to allow this computer..” pop-up on screen, select Continue. Also, when iTunes greets you with a Welcome to Your New iPhone screen, select Set up as new iPhone and click on the Continue button.
- Once your device is shown on the iTunes screen, press & hold the SHIFT key and click the Check for Update button in iTunes to select the Restore Image file.
└ If you’re on Mac, press and hold the Options key and click on the Update button in iTunes.
- Select the Restore Image file (.ipsw) you downloaded in Step 3 above.
- You’ll get a prompt on PC “iTunes will update your iPhone to iOS 11.4..”, hit the Update button to continue.
- iTunes will now start the update process by first extracting the Restore Image file. You can monitor the progress in the top bar on iTunes screen.
- When asked for a passcode, pick up your iPhone and enter your passcode while keeping it connected to the PC.
- iTunes will now update your iPhone to iOS 11.4.
- Once iTunes part is done, your phone will reboot and continue the installation. You’ll see the Apple logo with a progress bar on your phone’s screen.
- After installation is finished, your iPhone will reboot into the system, and you’ll be greeted with an Update Complete screen on the phone.
That’s it. Enjoy iOS 11.4 running on your iPhone or iPad.