Time needed: 15 minutes.
Unable to use your iPhone XS as it freezes on the lock screen? It’s a known issue with iPhone devices. You can try to force restart your iPhone XS to fix this problem, but if it’s persistent, the best fix is to reinstall iOS software on your device.
- Open iTunes on computer, and connect your iPhone XS
Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your computer [→ Link], open it and connect your iPhone XS with a USB cable to the computer.
- Force restart iPhone XS while it’s connected to the PC
While your iPhone is connected to the PC, force restart it using the following key combinations:
– Press and release the Volume Up button once.
– Press and release the Volume Down button once.
– Press and hold the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- Click Update on iTunes
When you get a prompt from iTunes to Restore or Update your iPhone XS, select Update.