Unable to install the Windows 10 1809 update using the Media Creation Tool? For some users, the tool downloads and installs the update to 100% but after the restart, it says “undoing changes to windows” and then boots back to the previous version of Windows with error 0x80070003 – 0x2000D.
Must read before installing Windows 10 1809:
→ Fix Windows 10 1809 User Profile and Files Deletion Problem
To fix the Windows 10 1809 installation error 0x80070003, you need to perform a “clean boot” with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs on your PC. Check out the instructions below:
- Sign in to your Windows 10 as an administrator.
- Search for System Configuration from the Start menu, and open it.
- Click the Services tab, then tick/check the Hide all Microsoft services at the bottom of the window.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Then go to the Startup tab, click the Open Task Manager link.
Select each enabled program under the Startup tab, and click the Disable button bottom left corner of the window.
- Close Task Manager, and click OK on the System Configuration window.
- Restart the computer.
After performing a “clean boot” on your Windows 10 machine, run the Windows 10 1809 Media Creation Tool again and it should download/install the update without any error now.
Remember to keep your VPN program closed (if any) while downloading the update from Media Creation Tool.