It hasn’t even been 24 hours since Apple started rolling out support for eSIM with the iOS 12.1 update for compatible iPhone devices, Airtel India is already letting users convert physical SIM cards into an eSIM.
If you’ve got an Airtel postpaid connection, you can convert your physical SIM into an eSIM. As of now, prepaid users cannot get an eSIM from Airtel.
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR
- iOS 12.1 installed on your eSIM compatible iPhone
- Airtel Postpaid connection
How to get QR Code for Airtel eSIM
- Send an SMS to 121 from your Airtel Postpaid number with the following text “eSIM <your registered email ID>”.
- You’ll get a confirmation SMS from Airtel. Reply with 1 within 60 seconds of receiving the message from Airtel.
- You’ll get a confirmation call from Airtel to make sure an eSIM compatible device. Press 1 on the keypad when asked to confirm on the call.
- Airtel will now send you a QR Code to add the eSIM on your iPhone. Check your inbox for the registered email ID that you used in Step 1 above.
- Once you get the QR Code, scan it with your iPhone by going to Settings » Mobile Data » Add Data Plan.
That’s it. For a detailed guide on setting up eSIM on iPhone XS and iPhone XR, follow the link below.