While Respawn is finding it hard to fix the crashing issues in Apex Legends, users are reporting another problem with the game where it gets stuck at “Retrieving Matchmaking Lists” on the main screen for endless hours. And unfortunately, restarting the game or the PC doesn’t seem to fix the problem.
For some users, the game also gets stuck in an endless loop between “Attempting connection” and “Retrieving Matchmaking Lists.” Since there’s not one fix that could work for everyone, so we have laid out multiple fixes that have been suggested by the community as working. Try them out one-by-one to see which works for you.
- Restart your modem/router: Most of the connectivity issues with game servers can be resolved by restarting your modem/router. Try it first before doing anything else.
- Sign out of Origin: Sign out of your EA account in Origin, and then Sign back in. If the matchmaking issue has appeared after Apex Legends crashed on your system, signing out of Origin might help reset the connectivity.
- Run Origin as administrator: Right-click on the Origin shortcut on your Desktop, and select Run as administrator from the context menu. Then launch the game by hitting the Play button for Apex Legends in Origin.
- Repair Apex Legends using Origin: If a crash on your PC has caused connectivity issues within the game, chances are some of the game files have corrupted on your system. Performing a repair via Origin might help fix the issue.
- Enable UPNo problem in your router/modem: Make sure UPnP is enabled on your router/modem to iron out NAT related issues with the game’s servers.
That’s all we know.
We hope the fixes mentioned above help you resolve the “Retrieving Matchmaking Lists” issue in Apex Legends. If you know of any other working solutions, do let us know in the comments section below.