There are multiple ways you can mass delete photos on iPhone. The easiest would be using the iPhone Photos app. But if you can connect your iPhone to a computer or use iCloud, you can bulk delete photos from there too.
📱 Mass Delete Photos from iPhone Photos app
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap Select on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the preview of images to select the photos you want wish to delete.
👉 Also see: How to select all photos on iPhone
- Once you have selected the images you want to delete, tap the 🗑 Trash icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Confirm you want to delete the selected photos on pop-up screen.
Photos deleted from iPhone remain in the “Recently Deleted” album for 40 days before they are permanently deleted. If you wish to photos immediately, go to the Albums section in Photos app, scroll to the bottom to see the Recently Deleted album and then delete the photo from this album as well.
💻 Bulk Delete Photos from iPhone using Computer
- Connect your iPhone to the computer with an USB to Lightning connecter.
- Open the “Apple iPhone” device from the Devices section.
└ On Windows: Go to My Computer (This PC), look for “Apple iPhone” under the Devices section and open it.
- Go to Internal Storage » DCIM » 100Apple.
└ It could be 100Apple or 1xxApple, depends on your device.
- Find the photo that you wish to delete, then right-click on it and select Delete from the context menu.
└ You can select and delete multiple photos as well.
- Confirm you want to delete the selected photos on pop-up dialogue.
When you delete a photo on iPhone from computer it’s permanently deleted from your iPhone and the iCloud library. Photos deleted from computer aren’t saved to the Recently Deleted album on your iPhone, nor the recycle bin on your computer. It’s a permanent delete.
☁ Mass Delete Photos from iCloud
- Open www.icloud.com on your computer and login with your Apple ID.
- Click Photos on the iCloud dashboard.
- Find the photo you wish to delete, click on it once to select it, then click the 🗑 Trash icon on the top bar to delete the photo.
└ You can select multiple photos as well by holding the CTRL key (on Windows) while selecting the photos to delete.
- Confirm that you want to delete the photo on the pop-up dialogue.
Photos deleted from iCloud are saved in the Recently Deleted album for the next 40 days before deleting permanently. If you wish to permanently delete the photos right away, open the Recently Deleted album from the Left Panel and delete the photos from there as well.