Apex Legends offers a total of 20 guns for players to loot after landing in Kings Canyon. The least powerful weapons are easily available to grab, while Assault Rifles, SMGs, LMGs, high-end Shotguns, and Sniper Rifles are available in limited quantities only throughout the map.
Notably, the two most powerful guns in Apex Legends are KRABER (a Sniper rifle) and MASTIFF (a Shotgun). But these guns are available only via care packages dropping in from the sky at random locations during a match.
To find out the best guns in Apex Legends, we tried out every gun in the game and recorded the damage each of them does when shot on the enemy’s body or the head. Check out the weapon damage chart below which shows the damage caused by a single shot from all guns in Apex Legends.
Apex Legends Weapon Damage Chart
|Hemlok Burst AR||18||36|
SUB MACHINE GUNS
LIGHT MACHINE GUNS
|M600 Splitfire (BEST)||20||40|
|Triple Take (BEST)||69||138|
└ Most powerful weapon
└ Second most powerful gun
The Best Guns in Apex Legends
- KRABER (rare spawn): The most powerful sniper rifle in Apex Legends, kills the enemy in one shot.
- MASTIFF (rare spawn): The second most powerful shotgun in Apex Legends,
kills the enemy in one shot.
- PEACEKEEPER: The best gun in Apex Legends that you should never miss to pick. This shotgun does more damage than any other gun in the game. And it shoots mid-range targets just as powerful as in close range scenarios.
- TRIPLE TAKE: The best sniper rifle in Apex Legends. It shoots three energy bullets in a single shot and can reduce 138% health of the target when shot on the head. A must have if you love playing as a sniper.
- WINGMAN: The best pistol in Apex Legends. It works well as mid/close range scenarios and causes serious damage to the target. One shot on the body can reduce the health of the enemy by 45%, and one headshot can damage the health by 90%. Terrific weapon.
- M600 SPLITFIRE: The best machine gun in Apex Legends. It has a stock mag size of 35 bullets and offers a decent fire rate. Of course, its reload time is slightly longer other guns.
- HAVOC: The best assault rifle in Apex Legends. Havoc is a new gun that overtakes the most powerful assault rifle title away from the Flatline (now second best) with headshot damage of 36 points and body shot damage of 16 points. However, being an energy gun, Havoc takes to time start firing. The fire rate is fast but it’ll take up to 60 ms to fire the bullet after the trigger is pressed.
- VK-47 FLATLINE: The second best assault rifle in Apex Legends. The gun uses heavy bullets like the Spitfire, but shoots at a faster rate and has a quick reload time.
That’s it. Have fun playing Apex Legends!