The Bing Search app from Microsoft is receiving a huge update today on the App Store with version 6.34. The updated app adds support for AdBlock Plus, Siri Shortcuts, and improvements for the Bing Search experience.
Microsoft first added native support for AdBlock Plus in the Edge browser last year, and now the Bing Search app for iOS is getting the same feature to let users block unwanted ads while using the Bing app. You can access it from app’s Settings » Advanced settings » Content blockers menu.
Bing Search is also getting support for Siri Shortcuts along with improvements and bug fixes. Check out the full changelog below:
– Block unwanted ads quickly. Go to Settings > Advanced settings > Content blockers to turn on AdBlock Plus.
– Enable Siri shortcuts. Go to Settings > Siri Shortcuts.
– Get improved answer coverage and step-by-step descriptions using camera search in math mode.
– Thanks to your feedback about including more videos on the homepage feed, we’ve created a dedicated video feed landing page. On the homepage, tap the video bubble to go there and enjoy!
– Re-enabled landscape view mode for images
– Fixed a navigation bug that would sometimes cause unintentional back navigation
– Improved performance of the search results page to render faster
– Enabled a URL shortener for sharing experiences because sharing 1200+ character encoded URL is just not fun!
You can download version 6.34 of the Bing Search app from the App Store for free.