Music taking up too much storeage space on your iPhone? Well, you can easily delete music files from your iPhone from the in-built Music app or whatever music streaming apps you use like Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, and more.
Delete music from Apple Music
We’ll start with the Apple Music app first since it’s the default choice for many iPhone users. Also, if you have stored your own music files on your iPhone using iTunes from your computer, it’ll likely be here in the Apple Music app only.
- Open the Music app on your iPhone.
- Tap Library at the bottom bar, then select Downloaded music list of options to view music stored on the iPhone only.
- Now select the Playlists or Albums option if you wish to delete many music files to free up storage space OR the Songs option if you wish to delete a few songs only.
└ If your motive is to free up storage space on your iPhone, we suggest you delete some of the large albums or playlists you downloaded on the iPhone.
- Tap and hold on the item you wish to delete, it can be a Playlist or Album or an individual Song.
- From the pop-up menu, tap Remove 🗑.
- On the next screen, tap Remove Downloads.
That’s it, all music from the selected playlist or album will be removed from your iPhone.
Delete Music from Spotify
Like Apple Music, Apotify also allows you download and store music locally on your iPhone. If the music files you downloaded on Spotify are eating up the storage space, you can delete those files as well.
- Open Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Album or Playlist you wish to delete. You can also select a single song, but if your motive is to free up storage space we suggest you delete multiple playlists or albums only.
- Tap the horizontal three-dot menu in the top-right corner of the playlist screen.
- Tap Delete Playlist from the available options.
- Finally, tap Delete again to confirm.
Delete music from Pandora
If you use Pandora’s premium subscription, you probably have music downloaded on your iPhone for offline playback. Pandora automatically downloads top three of your most listened stations.
- Open the Pandora app on your iPhone.
- Go to My collection, and find the Station or Playlist you wish to remove.
- Free and Pandora Plus subscribers: Swipe left on the station name and tap Delete.
- Pandora Premium users: Press and hold on the station name, then tap the highlighted Collected checkmark and select Delete when asked.
- Select the Playlist you wish to delete.
- Tap the Edit icon below the album art image.
- Scroll down a bit and select Delete Playlist from the available options.
💡 TIP: To delete all downloads at once in Pandora, go to Settings in Pandora app » select Audio Quality and Downloads and tap Reset downloads at the bottom of the screen.
Deleting Music from Amazon Music
Amazon Music has the simplest of option to delete music from iPhone, just like it’s an overall simple music streaming app.
- Open the Amazon Music app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Music at the bottom bar.
- Find the Playlist or Album you wish to delete and tap the three-dot vertical menu next to it.
- Tap Delete from device from the bottom menu.
- Tap Delete to confirm deletion on the pop-up menu.
That’s it. All music files from the selected Playlist or Album in Amazon Music will be deleted from your iPhone.
That’s it. We hope you were able to delete music and free up some storage space on your iPhone using the tips shared above.