If you use Google Chat for work or to be in touch with your near ones routinely, you must have faced the issue of unread chat threads getting buried deep under other conversations. In the daily hustle-bustle of life, you are bound to miss out on replying to a couple of chats.
Fortunately, Google has finally come through to get this problem sorted. You can finally filter messages that have an 'Unread' status in Google Chat.
Filtering Messages by 'Unread' Status in Google Chat on Desktop
- Head to chat.google.com using your preferred browser and sign in to your account if not already signed in.
- Ensure you are on the 'Home' tab and click on the 'Unread' option in the right section of the screen.
- All the unread chats from all contacts will be listed on the screen (if any). You can click to open any conversation. (Since we did not have any unread messages on our test account, the list is empty).
Filtering 'Unread' Messages in Google Chat App on Mobile
The process mentioned below is applicable to both Android and iOS devices.
- Launch the 'Google Chat' app on your mobile device.
- Ensure you are on the 'Home' tab. Then, tap on the 'Unread' option in the top right corner of the screen.
- All your unread conversations will be visible. Tap on the contact to open the conversation.
If you have not been able to reply timely to messages you receive on Google Chat, the 'Unread' filter feature will prove to be very convenient to you.