iPhone 6 iOS 11.4 update: How and when you will get it
The iOS 11.4 update is currently brewing under the beta channel for all supported iPhone models including the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Only recently the update reached beta stage level 3, and by the looks of things, it seems to be right on track for a public release anytime soon.
Apple will be holding the WWDC 2018 event on June 4th in Canada. The company will probably release the developer preview of iOS 12 at the event alongside the launch of new MacBooks. So, we’re only about a month away from the reveal of the most significant iOS update. But before that, you may get the iOS 11.4 very soon on supported iPhone models.
The iPhone 6 didn’t take the iOS 11.3 update very well. Ever since it released, iPhone 6 users have been complaining about the slow performance on their phones and slightly poor battery life. But thanks to the recently released iOS 11.3.1 update, the device’s performance seems to have restored to normal for many users.
So whether the public release of iPhone 6 iOS 11.4 update will slow down its performance or keep things healthy remains to be seen. But as far as we can tell from the public beta releases of iOS 11.4, it’s going to be an excellent release.
If you’re okay running public beta builds on your iPhone 6, you can get the iOS 11.4 beta installed on your phone right now. All you’ve to do is enroll your device into the beta program, and you’ll get the iOS 11.4 beta 3 OTA update instantly on your iPhone 6.
iPhone 6 iOS 11.4 release date
The iOS 11.4 beta has reached stage 3 and is also holding up pretty well on all supported iPhone models. So it shouldn’t take long now for Apple to release the update to the public. Our guess is, you’ll get the iOS 11.4 update on iPhone 6 by the end of May (right before WWDC 2018).
However, if you’re keen on getting the update installed on your iPhone 6, you can also enroll in the beta software program and instantly get the iOS 11.4 beta update over-the-air on your phone without any wait.
How to install iOS 11.4 beta on your iPhone 6 right now
- Backup your iPhone 6 using iTunes on your computer.
- Go to beta.apple.com/profile using Safari browser on your iPhone 6.
- Click on the Download profile button to download the configuration profile on your iPhone.
- When prompted, install the configuration profile by following the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot your iPhone 6 after installing the profile.
- Once the reboot is complete, go to Settings » General » Software Update, you’ll see that the iOS 11.4 beta is available for download.
- Install the iOS 11.4 beta update once when download completes.
That’s all you need to do to install iOS 11.4 beta on your iPhone 6.