Apple’s developer conference 2018 is just around the corner. The company is expected to announce a lot of new stuff at the conference along with the release of a new iOS version — iOS 12. The new software is rumored to bring some groundbreaking changes to the platform. The iPhone X iOS 12 update, will specifically have more good stuff than any other iPhone models.
Rumor has it that iOS 12 and macOS 10.14 will bridge the gap between Mac, iPhone and iPad devices by merging both OSs into one single platform. However, as per Bloomberg, Apple will likely bring this change with iOS 13 next year, not this year.
The iPhone X iOS 12 update will be specifically more feature rich than the iPhone 8 iOS 12 update and previous generation iPhone models because of the distinctive features such as Face ID, Animoji, and more.
iPhone X iOS 12 Features
- Horizontal Face ID Support: With iOS 12, Apple might add support for horizontal orientation in Face ID. Currently, Face ID only works in a vertical orientation. With horizontal support, Face ID will offer a much better user experience.
- New Animoji Characters: Like Animoji on your iPhone X? Well, brace yourself for some new Animoji characters coming to iPhone X with the launch of iOS 12. Apple may also bring some added functionality to Animoji characters.
- Animoji in FaceTime: You might be able to add Animoji to your FaceTime calls very soon. Rumor has it that FaceTime will get Animoji support with iOS 12 update for iPhone X.
- Multi-person AR Gaming: Augmented Reality stuff introduced with iOS 11 update last year may take a leap with iOS 12 update. As per the rumors, iOS 12 will feature multi-person AR gaming as well as performance improvements to AR stuff in general.
- Improved Parental Controls: Apple is rumored to bring enhanced parental controls to iOS to help parents better monitor their children’s digital health. With advanced controls, parents will be able to know how much time their children are spending on their iPhone and iPad devices.
- Group Calling in FaceTime: The long-awaited group calling feature in FaceTime may finally make its way to your iPhone with the iOS 12 update.
- New Do Not Disturb Mode: Apple is said to bring a new and revamped Do Not Disturb mode with iOS 12. The new features will make it easier for iPhone users to automatically reject calls and avoid notifications when they are busy.
- Faster than ever: One of the most exciting things about iOS 12 is that it aims to make your iPhone go faster at everything. Rumor has it that Apple is dedicatedly working on improving the performance of its iPhone and iPad devices with the iOS 12 update.
- Improved Siri Experience: Siri on iOS 12 will be a more capable AI assistant. With iOS 12, Siri will have deep integration in Photos app to make searching for pictures easier.
iOS 12 Release Date
The iOS 12 will be announced at WWDC 2018 on 4th June. Soon after the official reveal, the software will be made available to developers as a beta release. Users will be able to download iOS 12 developer beta with a paid developer account only. For non-developers, a public beta build of iOS 12 will be released later for all supported iPhone and iPad devices.
We’ll be sure to update this page new information when Apple officially announces iOS 12 at WWDC 2018. Stay tuned..