The latest update to Insider preview builds for Windows 10 brings in a refreshing clipboard experience for Windows users. You can now have a clipboard history in Windows 10, as well as clipboard sync option to copy text on one device and seamlessly paste it to another using the power of cloud.
To get the new Windows 10 clipboard features, you need to install the Windows Insider Preview build (17666 or above) on your PC. For help, check out our handy guide on how to join Windows Insider Program.
Clipboard sync will only work on devices where you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account and are on Windows 10 build 17666 or above.
How to sync clipboard data on Windows 10
- Open Start menu and click on the Settings icon.
- Click on the System option on the Settings page.
- Select the Clipboard option from the sidebar on the left of the screen.
- Now Turn On the toggle for Sync across devices on the right panel to enable clipboard history feature on Windows 10.
- Now you’ll have the option to select either Automatic syncing or Manual syncing of the clipboard. If you do not want all your clipboard items getting synced to all your devices, select Never automatically sync text that I copy. If you’re okay with syncing everything, select the first option (auto sync).
That’s all you have to do to sync clipboard across your devices on Windows 10.