The much-awaited iOS 12 developer beta will be released on 4th June at WWDC 2018 and will be available to download to those who have a developer account with Apple. However, for the average users to try & test iOS 12, a public beta build will be released later in the month of June.
The iOS 12 public beta build will be available for download for free to all iPhone and iPad users. All you have to do is install the iOS beta profile on your device to get iOS 12 public beta over-the-air directly to your iPhone when it releases.
iOS 12 public beta release date is expected to be somewhere near the end of June 2018 or early in July. If we are to go by Apple’s track record, the public beta build should release within 2-4 weeks of the developer beta release.
How to download iOS 12 Public Beta
- Go to beta.apple.com/profile using Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad, and log in with your Apple ID.
- Click on the Download profile button to download the configuration profile on your device.
- When prompted, install the configuration profile by following the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot your device after installing the profile.
- Now when iOS 12 public beta releases in June end, go to Settings » General » Software Update, you’ll see that iOS 12 public beta update is available for download.
- Download and Install the iOS 12 public beta update on your iPhone or iPad.
That’s it. Enjoy iOS 12 running on your iPhone. Cheers!