Microsoft just announced a great new app called “Your Phone” for Windows 10 which lets users mirror their iPhone and Android devices to their PCs. You cannot download Your Phone app as of yet, but it’ll be available later this week to those who are enrolled in the Windows Insider Program.
With Your Phone app, you can almost mirror your entire Android Phone to your Windows 10 PC. If we are to believe Microsoft, the app’s integration with Android devices is such that you won’t even have to pick up your phone while you’re working on the PC. Everything from your Android phone will be available on your Windows 10 PC through the app.
As for iPhone devices, unfortunately, the app will have only a limited set of features like text messages, photos, and notifications only. This is because iOS is a restricted area for anything other than an Apple-owned software.
How to download Your Phone app when it’s available
Your Phone will be available for download later this week to those who have signed up for Windows Insider Program preview builds on their Windows 10 PCs. And for everyone else, the app will be available with the Windows 10 Autumn Creators update this fall.
So, if you’d like to test out the Your Phone app when it’ll be available in the Insider Preview builds later this week, you need to make sure that you’re enrolled into the Windows Insider Program.
- Bring up the Start menu, type Windows Insider Program, and select the Windows Insider Program settings from the results.
- On the Windows Insider Program screen, hit the Get started button.
- Now click on Link an account, then select your Microsoft account and hit Continue.
- Once your account is linked, you’ll be asked to select the types of update you’d like to receive through WIP. Here choose the Just fixes, apps, and drivers option and hit the Confirm button.
- On the next screen, you’ll see Microsoft’s terms, hit Confirm button to agree.
- Hit the Restart now button when asked to restart your PC.
- Once your PC restarts after signing up for WIP, open Start menu » search for Updates » and select Windows Update settings.
- Now download and install the WIP preview build on your PC.
That’s it. Your Windows 10 PC is now ready to download Your Phone app when it is available to WIP users.