Microsoft’s Windows Insider Program lets you try out new features that the company is brewing up for the next major Windows update before its public release. Enrolling in WIP is free, all you need is a Microsoft account to get started.
Before you join WIP, know that Windows Insider preview builds are often unstable and might crash your PC every then & now. However, you can choose which type of content you want to receive in Insider Preview builds, like “Just fixes, apps and drivers” or “Active development of Windows”.
How to join Windows Insider Program on Windows 10
- Bring up the Start menu, type Windows Insider Program, and select the Windows Insider Program settings from the results.
- On the Windows Insider Program screen, hit the Get started button.
- Now click on Link an account, then select your Microsoft account and hit Continue.
- Once your account is linked, you’ll be asked to select the types of update you’d like to receive through WIP. Here choose your preferred option Just fixes, apps, and drivers OR Active development of Windows. Once done, hit the Confirm button.
- On the next screen, you’ll see Microsoft’s terms, hit Confirm button to agree.
- Hit the Restart now button when asked to restart your PC.
- Once your PC restarts after signing up for WIP, open Start menu » search for Updates » and select Windows Update settings.
- If your PC isn’t already downloading an update, hit the Check for updates button and start downloading Windows Insider preview build on your PC.
- Once download finishes and the preview build is ready to install, you will be asked to restart your PC. Do it.
That’s all. After restarting the PC, you’ll be running a Windows Insider preview build on your system.