Apple is rolling out the final beta build of iOS 12.0 today with the release of iOS 12 Golden Master (GM) for supported iPhone and iPad devices.
The iOS 12 GM release includes bug fixes for many of the iOS 12 problems that were spotted in the beta releases. We’ve posted a summary of the changes in iOS 12 GM in this post, but if you’d like to read the full release notes, grab the PDF file linked below.
→ Download iOS 12 GM Release Notes (.pdf)
iOS 12 GM Changelog
Below are all major known issues that are still present in iOS GM release.
- App Store: While signed in with a production account and testing with a sandbox account, attempting to fetch a new valid receipt displays a sign-in prompt for the production account with no option for switching to the sandbox account.
└ Workaround: For testing purposes, StoreKit calls such as making a purchase and restoring transactions will fetch a new receipt. Alternatively, sign out of the production account.
- HomeKit: Inviting iOS 11 users who have multiple email addresses associated with their Apple ID to a home might not succeed.
└ Workaround: Send the invitation to a different email address or phone number associated with the Apple ID of the iOS 11 user.
- Maps: Traffic data might not be displayed.
└ Workaround: Tap the ‘i’ button to reveal Maps Settings and toggle the Traffic switch on.
- Phone and FaceTime: In iOS 12 GM Seed, Camera Effects in Messages is available only on iPhone SE and iPhone 6s or later and is unavailable on iPad. Camera Effects in FaceTime is available only on iPhone 7 or later and is unavailable on iPad.
- Screen Time: The start and stop times for Downtime might change unexpectedly if they were configured prior to installing iOS 12 beta 9.
└ Workaround: Update all devices associated with the iCloud account to iOS 12 beta 9 or later and reset the start and stop times for Downtime.