Ever wanted to get your hands on the new iOS software before everyone else does? Well, Apple has a beta software program where you can enroll your supported iPhone and iPad devices to get public beta builds before anyone else does.
The Apple Beta Software Program lets you install pre-release software versions on your iPhone and iPad devices. These pre-release versions aren’t promised to be stable, they most likely crash for one reason or another, but they are a great way to get the latest iOS features on your device before Apple releases it officially.
So how do you enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program? Well, the process is simple and fairly quick. All you have to do is download and install the configuration profile on your device, then reboot it, and then go check for available updates under Settings menu.
How to download iOS beta on iPhone and iPad
- Backup your iPhone or iPad using iTunes on your computer.
- Make an archive of your iTunes backup on your computer.
- Go to beta.apple.com/profile using Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad, and log in with your Apple ID.
- Click on the Download profile button to download the configuration profile on your device.
- When prompted, install the configuration profile by following the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot your device after installing the profile.
- Once the reboot is complete, go to Settings » General » Software Update, you’ll see that an iOS public beta update is available for download.
- Install the iOS beta update once when download completes.