The iOS 12 update is now rolling out to supported iPhone and iPad devices. Apple is finally releasing the new software to millions of iPhone users after testing it for more than three months under the Apple Software Beta Program.
What new does iOS 12 bring?
The first thing you’ll notice after running iOS 12 on your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus is speed. iOS 12 is twice as fast compared to iOS 11 when it comes it multitasking. You also get a Siri Shortcuts, Group Calling on FaceTime, Screen Time, Grouped Notifications, improved Do Not Disturb, new AR experiences, Measure app, New Apple Books app, and Google Maps in CarPlay.
That’s a lot. You might be spending a full day to explore all the new features in iOS 12.
To get iOS 12 on your iPhone or iPad, follow the quick guide below:
- Open Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General » Software Update.
- Let your iPhone check for updates, when it shows iOS 12.0 is available to download, tap Download and install to get the update.
We have also put together a detailed to help users download and install iOS 12 on their iPhone and iPad devices. Check it out at the link below:
iOS 12 Release Track
- 4th June: iOS 12 Developer Beta released.
- 17th September: iOS 12 released for everyone.
We’ll keep this page updated with latest iOS 12 releases as they come out. Stay tuned!